   RE: [xml-dev] The use of XML syntax in XML Query

One thing that comes to mind is that XML Query talks about "the namespace
URI", while XMLNAMES uses the term "namespace name". Besides, a namespace
name takes the form of a URI *reference*, not an URI.

The other thing that is a bit strange is that because of the
copy-rather-than-reference approach XML Query needs to define the semantics
of XML namespace declarations *at all*.

Julian