   Re: [xml-dev] JAXP's ID Transform failing to includenamespacedeclaration

> > If it is supposed to be the same effect as an XSLT identity
> > transform, then the JAXP spec needs to state this explicitly.
>
> Yes, that would be a good idea. However, since the whole point of a
> Transformer is to model an XSLT stylesheet, that seems like the most natural
> interpretation. This is a matter of perspective; either way, it should be
> more explicit.

The javadoc doesn't constrain Transformer objects to support only
XSLT ... it appears to take some care to avoid linking to XSLT.

There were indeed some examples text showing how XSLT can
be used through Transformer objects, but nothing I saw constrained
those objects only to support XSLT.

- Dave