   RE: [xml-dev] JAXP's ID Transform failing to includenamespacedeclaration

David Brownell wrote:
> The javadoc doesn't constrain Transformer objects to support only
> XSLT ... it appears to take some care to avoid linking to XSLT.

To what extent that care is intentional, I think it's misplaced. There's no
getting away from the XSLT-specific nature of getOutputProperties() and
other methods and attributes of the Transformer class and fellow classes and
interfaces in the java.xml.transform package. Indeed, the specification
makes normative reference to the XSLT recommendation in the description of
individual methods and properties, if not in the general description of
Transformer.

Evan