   2002 as the year of XML

I worry that if Cringeley's right, it's probably for reasons which won't
take us any place interesting:

"... 2. The main technical tool for this reworking will be XML, and it
will probably be easy to label 2002 as the Year of XML. This new data
standard will be sprinkled on every type of software imaginable, whether
it makes sense to do so or not.

3. Look for emergence of an XML industry, which is to say a rash of new
startups built around XML services. Microsoft's dedication to the
standard in its relatively pure form makes this emergence inevitable.
The big XML hit for 2002 will come from a company called KnowNow...."

--
Simon St.Laurent
"Every day, in every way, I'm getting better and better." - Emile Coue