   question

I am new to XML and I'm not sure to all of its capabilities.  I was wondering if it were possible to use XML to allow through a web browser for someone to submit a file (.jpg, .gif) and have the person who submits it fill out attributes such as year taken, black and white versus color, etc.  Then it is saved in a database possibly oracle and then viewable in a web browser and easily searchable by the attributes.  Does that make sense?  And can XML do that?  And if so what is the best XML editor?
Thanks

Jeff