   RE: [xml-dev] [ANN] XML Limerick Competition

> > Although I am not sure about the fringe cases :
> > e.g. "beema"
>
> I'll gladly assent to the requirement that all words
> in the limerick be entries in the OED.

I would consider that rule a violation of artistic license.

Anyhow, the OED shows too much of a Queen's English bias, IMO. Why not the
American Heritage Dictionary? At least it has words like 'copacetic':

There once was a lim'rick aesthete
Who wanted all poems complete
	With words copacetic
	No meter pathetic
And humor of form quite discreet.

And no flames about the long lines above not being fully 3 foot anapestic,
either. I can count.