   Re: [xml-dev] Re:[xml-dev] [ANN] XML Limerick Competition

Mike Champion wrote:

> Kick me out of the fraternity if you want, but I can
> imagine doing this input, validation, display job
> MUCH easier with procedural code than XML ...

But wait!  There's more!  Limericks and haiku aren't the only
kinds of strict-form lyric, you know.  Unfortunately,
I cannot find any regular xml-dev poster or W3C contributor
with a perfect double dactylic (DA-da-da-DA-da-da) name,
so I have had to approximate:

<double-dactyl>
Henry S. Thompson said,
"Syntactic, structure, and
Value constraints we
Express on the fly."

Simon St. Laurent: "Your
Incomprehensible
Abracadabralike
Schemas must die!"
</double-dactyl>

<double-dactyl>
H?ggledy-p?ggledy,
XML programmers
Try to escape those I-
Eighteen-en woes;

Incontrovertibly,
We could use many more
Unicode weenies and
Fran?ois Yergeaus.
</double-dactyl>

And here's the schema:

<double-dactyl class="meta" author="mailto:robison@texas.net";>
Long-short-short, long-short-short
Dactyls in dimeter,
Verse form with choriambs
(Masculine rhyme):
One sentence (two stanzas)
Hexasyllabically
Challenges poets who
Don't have the time.
</double-dactyl>

Finally, here's a tanka, or Extended Haiku (5-7-5-7-7):

<tanka>
Winter: MIT,
   Keio, INRIA,
Issue lots of Drafts.