   XML is easy, was: Re: SV: [xml-dev] XML=WAP? And DOA?

Mike Champion wrote:

> 1/14/2002 8:00:17 AM, "Jens Jakob Andersen, PDI"
> <jens.jakob.andersen@post.dk> wrote:

> >3. XML is not easy.
>
> Hmmm, I'm of two minds.  On one hand, the whole bloody mess
> of specs is a nightmare, but I really do believe that the
> bare essentials -- well-formed elements, attributes, text
> with a little help from SAX, a DOM subset, and an XPath/XSLT
> subset -- provides quite a bit of gain for not much pain.

XML is easy. It is the problems people are trying to address with XML that
are hard.

I agree wholeheartedly with your approach. A terrific amount of work can be
done with just a little XML,SAX,DOM and XPath/XSLT. Ok, but you really want
to cure cancer, well that's hard.

Jonathan