   Re: [xml-dev] taking XML seriously (was RE: [xml-dev] XML=WAP? And DOA?)

> Another XML 2001 presentation by Stephen Kirkham made similar
> points
> http://www.idealliance.org/papers/xml2001/papers/html/04-05-
> 01.html
> "In the Object oriented world data is a second class citizen.
> Objects control access to and provide operations on data. ...
> XML however starts to reverse the clock, it represents a
> change in course back to a more data centric world, one in
> which data has a life of it's own. Data has effectively
> broken free of its object boundaries"

Quite true, and nicely put.  I've advocated this very POV several times on this list, including in the discussion of XML as "post-OO".  I continue this thread in a recent column for Intel

http://cedar.intel.com/cgi-bin/ids.dll/content/content.jsp?cntKey=Generic+Editorial%3a%3axml_p1&cntType=IDS_EDITORIAL&catCode=CAN

Free reg required:

4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management