   Re: [xml-dev] Xml is _not_ selfdescribing

At 13:20 15/01/2002 -0500, Gavin Thomas Nicol wrote:
>On Tuesday 15 January 2002 12:34 pm, John Aldridge wrote:
> > Actually, CSV++ would also need some equivalent of XML namespaces,
> > in order to allow (but not require) applications to draw their
> > column names from a vocabulary with well understood meanings.
>
>Got to be careful with that word "meanings" here though. I would say
>"from a standardised vocabulary".

Um, at the risk of provoking a philosophical discussion using long words
which I won't understand :-)

I'm using "meanings" in the sense that, for example, the Dublin Core
element "dc:Creator" /means/ "An entity primarily responsible for making
the content of the resource".

--
Cheers,
John