-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Kay [mailto:michael.h.kay@ntlworld.com]

> >A label is not a name unless it is meaningful.
> >Natural language is not self-describing unless
> >you were taught it.

Which reminds me of that delightful way of expressing Russell's paradox: "is
the adjective non-self-describing a self-describing adjective or not?"

Perhaps the fact that the notion of self-description leads quickly to
paradox is sufficient grounds for saying we should abandon it and turn our
attention back to real work (or limericks).