   Re: [xml-dev] Negotiate Out The Noise: (Was RE: SV: SV: [xml-dev]XML=W

From: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>

> 3.  Ask the Web:  use RDF or some other expert system
> what is needed.  Isn't this sort of a dictionary?  It
> works as long as you own or accept the ontology of
> others.  This is Trust and Verify.  Advantages?

This wins with no question, I think. And I think
the buzzword should be not RDF, but RDDL
( not the current version, sorry ;-( ).

BTW, the funny thing is  that we already
have 'something' in this domain. When
IE / Netscape  ecounter some 'unknown tag'
they download a plugin.

In my oppinion, this architecture, if generalized
and put on steroinds is the way to go and
earlier or later it will happen anyway.

> 4.  Send the code.  Java folks like that.  This
> is the ultimate, Trust Me, I Own The Process
> approach.  Augmented with a way to export the
> information on request, it is easy for end users
> despite any problems of performance, proprietary
> languages, etc.

Sure, some sertification of 'plugins' is implied. I'd
prefer something other, than Verisign. Well, one
can leverage PGP pretty fast ...

Rgds.Paul.