   RE: [xml-dev] Negotiate Out The Noise: (Was RE: SV: SV: [xml-dev] XML=

> From: Paul T [mailto:pault12@pacbell.net]

<snip/>

> This wins with no question, I think. And I think
> the buzzword should be not RDF, but RDDL
> ( not the current version, sorry ;-( ).

I agree. I'm curious what you would like to see changed in RDDL, though. Is
it time to revisit RDDL? Is anyone out there using it?

I've started dabbling with RDDL, recently, and have found some minor issues
with the Java code. I've also found myself thinking that perhaps some
aspects of RDDL could stand being revisited, but haven't gotten too deeply
into it, yet.

As a side project, I've started dabbling with writing some plugins to IBM's
open source Eclipse IDE [1]. It's just something I'm doing in my spare time,
so we'll have to see if I find the time to finish this, but the goal is to
make Eclipse a viable XML development environment, and to support RDDL and
XML Archives (in DZIP2 format [2]) for associating resources such as schemas
with document types.

[1] http://www.eclipse.org
[2] http://www.topologi.com/public/dzip.html