-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Kay [mailto:michael.h.kay@ntlworld.com]

> I am very wary of proposing errata to fix this kind of thing,
> because it is so easy to produce unintended consequences.

This is an admission that the whole business of parameter entity references
is so fragile that no-one dares touch it in case the whole edifice comes
tumbling down. This is not a good foundation for the e-commerce
infrastructure of the 21st century. When this happens to code that I'm
responsible for, I throw it away and start again.