Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Parameter entity references
- From: Richard Tobin <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 13:23:04 GMT
- In-reply-to: <20020117104504.GB10619@strontium.pps.jussieu.fr>
- Organization: HCRC, University of Edinburgh
>> The replacement text of a parameter entity reference in a DeclSep
>> must match the production extSubsetDecl.
>So the comment in erratum E14 is wrong: the document below is not
>well-formed as it violates the same constraint.
> with 001.ent:
> <!ELEMENT doc EMPTY>
> <!ENTITY % e "<!--">
> %e; -->
Um, yes, you are right. DeclSep was introduced in the second edition,
and I hadn't noticed that it was used in the extSubsetDecl production.
This doesn't really solve the problem, since it doesn't cover this:
<!ENTITY % e "> <!--">
<!ELEMENT doc EMPTY %e;
which appears to be merely invalid.