   RE: [xml-dev] RDDL (was RE: [xml-dev] Negotiate Out The Noise)

>> 1) Scalability. With only a few arcroles (or purposes ?), a
>single RDDL
>> document is readable. What if the number of associated
>resource grows ?
>What
>> is the benefit for a human reader to have to download a 500K
>document to
>> have a description of ...
>
>That might be a problem if you were to have a huge namespace.
>Then again
>your schemas would also be huge, so efficiency would be a
>concern regardless
>of RDDL.

I don't know what you call a 'huge namespace', but I'm thinking of an RDDL
document with lots and lots of arcroles. Earlier in the thread you mentioned
the possibility of having, in a RDDL document for X, some stylesheet
resources with a arcrole of 'Y' to transform the X documents into Y
documents. The RDDL spec also reckons that the precise list of arcroles is
not known yet, can you guarantee that there won't be more than, say, 50 ?

Regards,
Nicolas