   Re: [xml-dev] RDDL (was RE: [xml-dev] Negotiate Out The Noise)

Nicolas LEHUEN wrote:

> That was ironic from you, but I'm quite convinced that it's 50% of the
> interest of RDDL, the remaining 50% being 25% to puzzle people and make
them
> think that a namespace is something else than a pure URI,

A namespace NAME is a URI. A namespace is not the same thing as its name.
Are _you_ a string of characters?

> .. AKA a string of
> characters (approximately) and 25% to effectively help people (but not
> computers) to find information about a tag from a given namespace. But
hey,
> I can enter the namespace URI into Google and see where it can find
> documentation for me, and that doesn't require the namespace URI to be an
> URL.

One could better argue that we have no need for RDF because we have Google,
but so? But more to the point, RDDL allows the _owner of the namespace URI
DNS entry_ to serve as the authority regarding what resources are associated
with a namespace. RDDL (levaraging DNS and HTTP) is intended to serve as a
way for _you_ to describe _your own_ namespaces, not as a way for someone to
describe someone elses namespaces (which could be done in RDF).

Jonathan