   RE: [xml-dev] RDDL (was RE: [xml-dev] Negotiate Out The Noise)

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Nicolas LEHUEN wrote:

> That's great, but that's not what I meant. I didn't write the proper thing.
> I know that RDDL allows the relation 1 namespace = n schemas. However, the
> problem with RDDL resides in that there are a lot of documents for which the
> assumption 1 document = 1 namespaces = n schemas is false. Namespaces aren't
> meant to be used as the equivalent of DOCTYPE.
>
> How do you handle the case of, say, a RDDL document, which contains mixed
> namespaces from XHTML, RDDL itself and XLink ? How could XSV fetch the RDDL
> document for the RDDL document ? Please describe me the algorithm.

There would be multiple RDDL documents, one per namespace. What's the
problem? Since there are multiple namespaces in one document, there will
be multiple URLs in there, which you look up to find each associated RDDL
document...

ABS

--
                               Alaric B. Snell