   Re: [xml-dev] URI intents? (was: RDDL: Negotiate out the Noise)

Jeff Lowery wrote:

> Should URI's be extended to include intent? I realize this opens its own
can
> of worms, but I'm see worms already... maybe this can is more tractable.
At
> least an URI that is used outside of its intent could be clearly called
evil
> usage. URIs with multiple intents would have to be spelled out using the
> same base URI identifier, redeclared for each intent.

Ok, so let's describe the intent of how a resource is to be used, let's call
that a "purpose" and sometimes different systems will need different forms
of a resource, let's call that a "nature". So if we label a resource, by
"nature" and "purpose", we will have a mechanism where a system can pick a
resource according to what it needs to do with it.

> Is that to far whacked out an idea? Perhaps my own intent is unclear...

I think it would work.

Jonathan