   Re: [xml-dev] XML is easy, was: Re: SV: [xml-dev] XML=WAP? And DOA?

> At 06:25 PM 1/18/2002 -0500, Jonathan Borden wrote:
>
> >How many validators can validate XHTML 1.1?
> >
> >MSXML bags it because it doesn't accept defaulted xmlns attributes -- and
> >since validation is all XML 1.0, I can't see why that should have bearing
on
> >validation.
>
> MSXML isn't the best yardstick to be using here, it barfs of many things
> related to modularized XHTML, not just a default xmlns attribute.

Sigh, but that's _exactly_ the problem, conformance with MSXML is used as a
yardstick by many many organizations (as Len notes). If I can't simply
browse a modularized XHTML document in IE ... as _XML_ then people insist
that there is something wrong with the _DTD_. Sigh.

> >How many DTD/schema editors can edit the XHTML 1.1 (e.g. Modularization)
> >DTD? None I've found.
>
> Why would you want to be editing that DTD? Or do you mean how many
software
> packages support the composition of modularized DTDs?

Composition, right. I don't mean to imply that none can, just none that I
own (except Notepad).

Jonathan