   Re: [xml-dev] The task to be solved by RDDL. Re: [xml-dev] RDDL (was RE:

I hate to sound like a broken record but

        namespace URI != HTTP URL.

What is good about RDDL is that it solves "some" of the problem which is how
to get markup/create/present metadata about a namespace. As other have pointed
it is a partial solution because it doesn't (by itself) provide a solution to

i) How to provide metadata for a doctype which is built from multiple
namespaces

and

ii.) How to provide metadata for namespace URIs that aren't HTTP URLs.

That said, I think RDDL is a good start, NOT a solution for the entire set of
problems involving discovery of metadata about XML documents but a worthwhile
step in that direction.

--
THINGS TO DO IF I BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD #229
If I have several diabolical schemes to destroy the hero, I will set