   Re: [xml-dev] RDDL

On Sat, 2002-01-19 at 20:27, Clark C . Evans wrote:
> This made me think that for "mixing" schema, it might
> be nice to allow some way to do some inheritance
> such that "rddl:purpose" overrides "xlink:role" so
> that a xlink (but not rddl) aware browser could
> show the rddl:purpose as an xlink...   I'm not a
> schema person; but is something like this in the
> works?  or is it just acedemically interesting?

Early versions of XLink permitted precisely that kind of mapping:
http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xml-link-970731#sec2.2

I'm glad they added arcs, sad they dropped the mapping.  Namespaces
"took care of that problem".

You might also want to look into Architectural Forms.  David Megginson's
_Structuring XML Documents_ has an excellent explanation.  Not the
prettiest stuff at times, but very interesting.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!