   Re: [xml-dev] RDDL

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 11:31:09AM -0800, Paul T wrote:
| Why should I call *purpose* *arcrole*, if it is *purpose*

I believe the RDDL spec here is defining an application of
xlink.   Thus, the spec would like to use the word "purpose"
and "nature", to maintain compatibility with with xlink,
RDDL must use "role" and "arcrole" instead.

This made me think that for "mixing" schema, it might
be nice to allow some way to do some inheritance
such that "rddl:purpose" overrides "xlink:role" so
that a xlink (but not rddl) aware browser could
show the rddl:purpose as an xlink...   I'm not a
schema person; but is something like this in the
works?  or is it just acedemically interesting?

Best,

Clark