   ANN: Gorille 0.4

I'm happy to announce a fourth release of Gorille.  Gorille 0.4
incorporates a code-generator for building compilable rules classes and
includes compiled classes for both XML 1.0 and XML 1.1.  (Thanks to Niels
Peter Strandberg for the suggestion.)

Gorille is a small Java package designed to let developers of various kinds
of XML processors test the content and names of XML structures in their XML
documents to see if they match lists of acceptable Unicode characters,
including surrogates.  Developers may create customized rules or rely on
the rule files and classes provided.

I believe that Gorille's functionality is complete at this point, though
the code could certainly use more testing and documentation.  Future
releases will likely focus on added testing, documentation, and
improvements in command-line interfaces.

More information on Gorille is available from:
http://gorille.sourceforge.net

The download is available from:

Thanks for the questions, suggestions, and support I've received so
far.  Comments and suggestions are still quite welcome.

Simon St.Laurent
Associate Editor, O'Reilly & Associates
http://simonstl.com