   Re: [xml-dev] Question about the erratum E15

Takahide Muramoto <murah@flab.fujitsu.co.jp> wrote

> I have a question about E15 in XML 1.0 Second Edition Specification
> Errata.
>
> I don't know whether correctly I understood the second sentence of
> the numbered paragraph 2 in the Element valid VC ; "Note that a
> CDATA section ..."

Hi Takahide,

All your examples contained CDATA sections between the <sec> element and the
first child element.  Your content model for <sec> specifies element-only
content.

The clarification that E15 is making (as I understand it) is that CDATA
sections can never be treated as the S production, and can therefore never
validly appear within element-only content.  Therefore I believe all your
examples are invalid.

This seems quite clear to me, but perhaps a member of the XML Core WG would
like to comment?

Regards
~Rob

--