   Re: RDDL and document types was : Re: [xml-dev] The task to be solved by

Jonathan Borden wrote:
> Although this is outside the scope of the current RDDL specification, you
> make a persuasive argument that the functionality is desirable, and I do
> believe RDDL can assist with an acceptable solution.

I agree. As you point out, what is needed is linking to a RDDL document
for a particular document type, rather than a particular namespace.

I think one of the things that was confusing me was that when people
defined the purpose of RDDL, they said that it was to provide
information / resources about the elements in a particular namespace.
But when they gave examples, it was always with respect to an instance
document that might have elements from multiple namespaces.

While the information about a particular namespace is useful at design
time, it often lacks the context (as when an element occurs in a larger
document) to be useful at run time.

-- Ron