   Re: [xml-dev] Strategies for a lowly XML document

On Wednesday 23 January 2002 11:01 am, Jonathan Borden wrote:
> What is a lowly XML document to do?
>
> What is a consumer to do with an XML document?
>
> Hopefully you have an idea, but suppose a document lands on your
> desk and you are assigned the task of doing something with it.

I find it exceedingly unlikely that a document whose identity and
intent is entirely unknown to me would land on my desktop. Even if it
did, I'd be very unlikely to do much with it other than to send it to
the 'ol bitbucket.

Point being that 9 times out of 10, you have *some* idea of what the
document is, and some notion of processing, and that should be the
starting point, not sniffing at the document.