   RE: [xml-dev] Internet-Draft: Media Feature - xmlns

At 08:02 PM 22/01/02 -0800, Don Box wrote:
>Along those lines, I think I would rather know the local name and
>namespace name of the root element than every stinking namespace
>declaration that is in use. More often than not, the root element
>implies the remainder of the document.

Now Don, not all namespace declarations stink.  I think you're
right in that we just haven't seen an existence proof of software
doing anything intelligent (or at all) based on being equipped
with prior knowledge about embedded namespaces.  Having said that,
Simon's draft seems harmless, conveys the information in a
clean and standard way, and doesn't try to stake any claims
in poorly-understood territory.  -Tim