   Re: [xml-dev] Entity resolution vs. URI resolution

Hi Edwin,

I consider systemId parameter in resolveEntity to be
something quite different from targetNamespace URI used
for schema-resolution. To me, targetNamespace URI sounds
more like publicID, but I guess the they have different patterns
so we cannot safely make them co-exist in one parameter.

The other solution you indicated, which is to have
resolveURI(String locationURI) sounds more right to me,
assuming if it fails, resolveEntity is then invoked with
systemId being location hint (as in schema resolution) if
there is location information any available.

To some applications, we may need to provide another URI
to distinguish what type of resource the resolver is supposed
to resolve (XML Schema vs. WSDL). In that case resolveURI
would look like: resolveURI(String resourceTypeURI, String resourceNameURI).

-Takuki Kamiya