   Re: RE: [xml-dev] Generality of HTTP

1/25/2002 3:37:54 PM, "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com>
wrote:

>There ain't no The Web.  Just a bunch of
>pieces hooked up and variously reliable
>each according to their owner's intentions
>... Just As God Intended. :-)

I'm not sure what the point of this subthread is ... if it's to deny
that "The Web" exists because it can't be unambiguously defined, then
that leads to all sorts of black holes.  (Does "Len Bullard" exist
since  he consists of a different set of cells than he did when his
parents named him?  Where EXACTLY is the canonical set of neurons and
synpses that define the one and only Len Bullard?  If it turns out
that the "Len Bullard" who posts here is really just an AI experiment
that the "real" Len Bullard created to give him time to do his day
job, do they both exist?) <grin>

If it is to suggest that all the wailing and gnashing about
preserving the purity of the Web Architecture is misdirected energy,
because "The Web" is a fuzzy set of all sorts of ideas and
technologies that more or less interoperate most of the time, then
I'm inclined to agree.