   Re: [xml-dev] Generality of HTTP

On Friday 25 January 2002 04:13 pm, Paul Prescod wrote:
> People do not see the web architecture because we are like fish
> trying to see the water. One of the TAG's jobs is to make the water
> visible.

Wow. I always thought you should try *not* to expose technology to
people.... and instead do things in a way natural to them.

> But even my mother knows that you cannot use the web
> without using URIs.

My wife doesn't... nor do my children... nor does my neighbour for
that matter.

For many people, it seems to have have just become part of the
background... they use it, but seldom think about it.