   using Schematron for dispatch

During the recent conversations on how best to process XML documents
containing multiple namespaces and what a document type might mean, I've
been fairly dissatisfied with the options we seem to have right now.  I
believe that namespaces are useful identification information (I
wouldn't be writing an Internet-Draft if I didn't think they were
useful), but they feel like only one small piece of the puzzle.

This morning, while reviewing a chapter on WSDL that mentions
Schematron, I started wondering if something like Schematron would make
sense for dispatching.  Schematron is capable of making descisions based
on a much wider range of options than simple namespace-testing, and
seems to deal with a lot of the context-sensitivity issue which panic
the browser people as well.

Any thoughts on this?  While I don't expect Schematron itself to do this
work, Schematron seems like a great foundation on which to develop such
things.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!