   Re: [xml-dev] Auto-completion in editors (RE: [xml-dev] ANN: XML Origin,

Michael Kay wrote:

> Surely an XML editor has to detect start tags and end tags as they are
> typed, and if it detects start tags, it is trivially easy to maintain a
> stack of open start tags? And the cost of doing so is unrelated to the size
> of the document (only to the depth of nesting)?

Well obviously there are a variety of architectural choices that will
influence the difficulty of adding one more feature. Still, I think I
can answer this particular question generically by saying, what happens
when the user scrolls a hundred megabytes down in the document and
inserts the cursor?

 Paul Prescod