   Re: [xml-dev] Web Design Principles (was Re: [xml-dev] Generality of HT

On Monday 28 January 2002 10:23 am, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> Urrrrp!  No.  It is the smaller corporations
> who have to be strict because they have a lot
> fewer resources for negotiating out what is
> signal and what is noise.

If you mean smaller corporations bear the burden of acting "correctly", this is often true. Practically, this means they often foot a large part of the bill for maintenance.

(Seriously, I myself have had to reverse engineer a number of third-party systems because the large vendor didn't act according to specification.... in one case I had to rewrite the large vendors code. Such are the joys of integration.)

> Do I have to rely on their code as the contract
> for all the instances?

For many small EDI players, the answer is a groaned "yes....".