   Re: [xml-dev] Web Design Principles (was Re: [xml-dev] Generality ofHTT

[Al Snell]
3) A lot of data interchange works pretty well: Look at GIF and JPEG
>files, ZIP files, filesystems (from ISO9660 down to the lowly FAT floppy
>disk), ASCII text (I wouldn't call anything beyond ASCII 'working well',
>although UTF-8 is getting there!), RTF, HTML, CSV, MIME, and so on. Large
>scale data interchange isn't really *that* broken; it works quite well
>already. There's more of a problem of people not having Microsoft Office
>than malformed files flying around.

The presence of RTF and HTML in this list of data interchange notations
that work "pretty well" beggars belief.

Please tell me I'm picking you up wrong here.

Sean