   Re: [xml-dev] Web Design Principles (was Re: [xml-dev] Generality ofHTT

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Sean McGrath wrote:

> The presence of RTF and HTML in this list of data interchange notations
> that work "pretty well" beggars belief.
>
> Please tell me I'm picking you up wrong here.

No... I can view HTML in my browser; there's a wide choice of browsers
unless you get into really deep DHTML stuff. By 'data interchange', I
don't mean 'encode my purchase order in HTML', I mean 'encode my web page
in HTML' - horses for courses[1]. Likewise for RTF, just less so :-)

> Sean

[1] potentially British term meaning 'right tool for the right job'

--
                               Alaric B. Snell
 http://www.alaric-snell.com/  http://RFC.net/  http://www.warhead.org.uk/