   RE: [xml-dev] Co-operating with Architectural Forms

And likewise for Format A, so Company X must also be involved just because
I want to work with Company Y. Or at the very least I must change
my processing to add the appropriate AF incantations whilst processing
both formats.

> In that case, isn't this process more intrusive and costly than having an
> external mapping mechanism ?

This is what I'm trying to narrow in on.

I'm wondering whether AFs is a solution aimed at streamlining the creation
of vertical XML vocabularies (one doesn't necessarily have to, you define
an architectural DTD for everyones existing formats), rather than a means
to facilitate working with multiple vocabularies. Transforms seems a better
approach in that use case.

Cheers,

L.