   RE: [xml-dev] Re: Auto-completion in editors

Thanks for the pointer. It's interesting but as you pointed it out, it needs
a bit of tidying (bottom-line : I can't write accentuated characters). Henry
Thompson did a great job of ensuring portability but the final GUI is very,
very weird, far worse than any JDK 1.0 AWT bad trip :).

The least that I can say is that I need to be trained to use the editor.
Plus, some people don't want to always write WF document (leaving the
document non WF transitionnaly), which is a point I don't really understand
(the difference between a transitional non WF document and a transitional WF
document is not that big) but would be a show-stopper for this editor.

But there may be a bunch of good ideas to steal, for example the
one-keystroke navigation between elements. But maybe binding it to Alt+left
and Alt+right instead of left and right would be more intuitive, since I
would appreciate editing the attributes values without having to use the
mouse or menus at all.

To sum up, it's an interesting set of ideas, some of which could be
improved, but it's definitely not the editor I'll use right now, because
it's to weird to use. Maybe I should try to design the editor of my dreams
(especially the key binding part), and sell the whole design to an editor ?
:)

Best regards,
Nicolas