   Re: [xml-dev] misprocessing namespaces (was Re: [xml-dev] There is a mea

The problems with processing DTDs in a namespace-aware manner are
greatly exagerated. One must simply give up on processing them an a
lexical domain. Which is no different than the shift inherent in
processing document entities in a namespace-aware manner. Otherwise one
is in a situation analogous to performing the calculations for a
perspective projection in a 2-d coordinate system. Would anyone complain
when they realized the difficulties of that endeavour? Or would they
accept that 3-d coordinate systems were better suited and act accordingly?

The test documents posted in the recent thread on qualified names in
attribute values demonstrated namespace-aware dtd interpretation.
Granted, they were of the simpler sort, but complex dtd processing
raises no issues (wrt names) which do not also appear with other encodings.