   Re: [xml-dev] misprocessing namespaces (was Re: [xml-dev] There is amean

1/30/2002 7:58:48 PM, "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@mediaone.net> wrote:

>No seriously, the reason it doesn't matter is because XML Namespaces
are a
>done deal. All this discussion would have been fine when the rec was
under
>development,

I see some variant of Clean Namespaces as a potential usage guideline
for a set of users that don't need the power (and hassles) of W3C
Namespaces, not a counter-proposal to the standard.  I personally
would disagree with using a ':' in a name except as a prefix
delimiter.  As you say, that fails the IE5 test.  Case closed.

> hardly anyone is working with DTDs?.

That is not my impression, FWIW.  "Out of fashion at the W3C" is not
the same as "dead."