   Re: [xml-dev] misprocessing namespaces (was Re: [xml-dev] There isameani

1/30/2002 11:52:32 PM, "XML Everywhere" <host@xmleverywhere.com>
wrote:

> Hierarchical data was abandoned at least 20 years ago.
> Lo and behold it's back...
>Today's relational databases are way ahead of whatever imposters
>we have today in the XML schema realm... XML is useful
>for some things, but real data processing requires real databases.

It's a pity how the real database vendors are falling all over
themselves to add "native" XML support, eh?  Just because real
databases can't efficiently handle the 100-way joins required to
reconstruct all those stupid hierarchical data structures?
Life will be so much easier when people quit trying to get their jobs
done and simply focus on doing things the theoretically correct way!