   Re: [xml-dev] misprocessing namespaces (was Re: [xml-dev] There isa mean

----- Original Message -----
From: "XML Everywhere" <host@xmleverywhere.com>
To: "The Deviants" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 8:52 PM
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] misprocessing namespaces (was Re: [xml-dev] There isa
meaning, but it's not in the data alone)

> As far as schemas go, XML is still in diapers.  Real data processing
> requires types, relations, and constraints.  Hierarchical data was abandoned
> at least 20 years ago.  Lo and behold it's back.  Same salesman, different
> suit.

Hierarchical data is dead? Someone needs to tell IBM's IMS division then

http://www-4.ibm.com/software/data/ims/shelf/presentations/MiamiTechConf/index
p7.htm

http://www-4.ibm.com/software/data/ims/shelf/presentations/imsoverview/index.h
tm

as well as Boeing, Volvo, Wal-Mart and BlueCross/BlueShield

--
THINGS TO DO IF I BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD #42
When I capture the hero, I will make sure I also get his dog, monkey, ferret,