   RE: But they cheated(was RE: [xml-dev] misprocessing namespaces) (was Re

Title: But they cheated(was RE: [xml-dev] misprocessing namespaces) (was Re: [xml-dev] There i s a meaning, but it's not in the data alone)
That's the beauty of being near the throne and the trouble with autocracies
but no one has a better organization, so we let that dog hunt.

However, I think namespaces reflect the dominant concerns of the applications
those who proposed them were most familiar with at the time.  If they work
for other applications, that's gravy.   AFs also reflect the limits of the designers'
visions based on the particular applications they were most familiar with at
the time:  document processing using DTDs.  DTDs have mono-namespaces
and have to punt to SUBDOCs for integration of a compound document, or
flatten out into a more comprehensive DTD.  AFs made it possible to get
around that with mapping rules.  That solves some problems but still
leaves the semantics (the S word again) largely an issue of documentation
if better referenced.     I'm not sure right now that compound documents
can be reliably processed and as such, other than applying them to
the relational systems (joined tables, views, etc.), they can easily
force us toward more centralization.

So we are not much further down the path toward a solution of behavioral
specifications are we?   Steve?  (Gad!  We're doing the MID thing again!)

len