   Re: [xml-dev] "Query by example" (was Re: [xml-dev] misprocessing namesp

XML-QL[1] also has a nice "QBE" type syntax, but in a non-XML language:

WHERE
<cars>
   <car><MakeModel>Ford</></> element_as $car
</>
IN "someDataSource"
CONSTRUCT $car

As you mentioned, it great for simple things, and can't handle XPaths.

-Wayne Steele

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-xml-ql/