   Re: [xml-dev] life support for DTDs? was RE: [xml-dev] misprocessing nam

Rick Jelliffe wrote:
From: "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@mediaone.net>

> Wow. it is that easy. So what is the excuse for not doing this?

It requires a version-up of XML.  And it not SGML-compatible,
without a bit of liason.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe

----
Since it doesn't change the syntax, nor rules of XML 1.0, this _could_ be
done perhaps as an update to XMLNS, but without modifying XML 1.0.

Simply:

Define "Namespace Valid" as distinct from "Valid" just as XML Schema defines
"Schema Valid" without changing XML 1.0

That is to say, a proper "non validating parser" would be enabled to signal
"namespace validity", (since DTDs still deal with entities etc, I am not
sure this could be defined as a property of the 'infoset' but rather the XML
itself)

I don't see a problem, what am I missing?

Jonathan