   XML-1.0 is dead! long live XML-1.0+Namespaced-DTD! [was Re: [xml-dev] li

One doesn't need to change anything.

A DTD can be interpreted to provide the subset of the information set
permitted by REC-xmls-1-20010502, Appendix D.

As such a DTD is a permissible alternative to the XML-encoding for schemas.
Which means it can, as it stands, be used as the basis to generate the
PSVI for a subset of documents. Those which don't entail models or data
types which cannot be expressed in a DTD.

CL-XML does that for namespace aware DTDs. Actually, it doesn't care
whether namespaces are specified in the document or not. In a documents
without namespaces all names are simply in the infamous "null" namespace.

The resulting post-validation document model analogous to the PSVI.*
Which makes it a "minimally conformant schema aware processor". At least
according to REC-xmls-1-20010502, 2.4. Hey.

[* It doesn't retain the specified details about the validation results
and some of the information would need to be generated from the model,
but these issues are not to the point.]