   RE: [xml-dev] Co-operating with Architectural Forms

Lack of clarity benefits no one.  Lack of precision
hurts everyone.  No arguments from me on these, but
we have to recognize the work that goes into reconciling
these viewpoints and help out when we can if we have a
stake in it. That's all I'm saying.

ISO doesn't have mystical powers.  They have different
customers with different policies.  What we get by
working with ISO is a slower outer loop and fast
inner one.  This benefits those who need predictable
specifications and standards.  When we can get the
examples you cite in front of the ISO editors,
we can get a better result.  It has worked for
the VRML X3D groups and there is no reason save
resistance based on mystical assumptions about
other groups, it shouldn't work here.  I think
it is working.

But all this thread is about is figuring out if
the baby in the bathwater of AFs can be raised
by the markup community, a community that spans
all of the groups we mentioned here, to be a
productive grown-up.  That seems like a reasonable
and useful goal.

len