   RE: [xml-dev] Co-operating with Architectural Forms

I can't resist this much:

From: Bill Lindsey [mailto:bill@b-bop.com]

What I don't know:
   * Is the representational form
     property intrinsic, extrinsic or emergent?

Intrinsic by abstraction, extrinsic by reference,
emergent by application.   Transforms don't
assume commonality, we assert it then realize it by
application.  AFs are an assertion.

One can speculate (maybe not usefully), whether or
not patterns in the original are being replicated
in the target (bioinformatics?); otherwise, we
see what we look for.  We are as smart as our
values enable us to be.  There is a certain
allure to considering transforms a resonant
force, but metaphors mislead as well as give
insight.  ;-)

   * Is this property fixed for the life of the
     document, or does it change over time?

Either.

   * Could this property be also be obtained for
     elements?

Yes.  As Joe said, why not?  XML doesn't limit;
it enables.

At least, that is how I see it.

len