   Re: [xml-dev] XPointer crisis

2/1/2002 3:14:35 PM, John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com> wrote:

>I agree, except that I'd rather see it one step meta, as

I'm reminded  Joshua Allen's recent warning:
"I think computer people are the worst in the world for always going
meta.  Even when we have a clear problem to solve (like, implement an
accounting system), we always try to attack the meta problem and the
meta-meta problems first. "

Sometimes we should Just Do It and let the abstractions sort
themselves out in the fullness of time.  xml:id strikes me as one of
those things.