   Re: [xml-dev] Getting rid of entities (was: misprocessing namespaces)

> Tim Bray
>
> Actually, you've put your finger on it.  I think we could lose
> general entities tomorrow without much weeping.

I disagree.  For document authors and editors (and here I am refering to
humans not machines) external general entities are a simple, compact and
convenient way to assemble document content.  I can understand that
XML-as-data would have little need for GEs, but XML-as-text benefits greatly
from their existence.

~Rob